In Stirling Logo. Navigates to main index.
sightseeing
Places to Visit Near Stirling
Other Places to Visit
BACK
The Parish Church
Keir Street, Bridge of Allan
Tel: 01786 834155 or 01786 832093 for further information
The Parish Church in Bridge of Allan is an attractive Victorian building which was built on it's present site in 1858. The church has fine stained glass windows and an unusual roof design.
In 1904, the famous Scottish architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed the chancel furniture of pulpit, organ screen, communion table and choir stall. Carved in light oak and using natural plant forms interpreted in flutes and ovals in related parts of the furniture, it is described as one of the most intricate of Mackintosh's designs. Mackintosh became involved at Holy Trinity Church through his partner John Honeyman of Honeyman and Kepple Architects, to whom Mackintosh was first apprenticed in 1889.
Open
Saturdays June, July and August 10am to 4pm
Admission is free but donations to church maintenance are gratefully accepted
Please note that if there is a wedding taking place, the church will be closed for a short period.
A service of worship is held every Sunday at 11am.
From mid June to late August there is an informal service at 10am. Further information is available by phoning the Church Office on 01786 834155.
Admission
Free. Donations are gratefully accepted.
Contact
in stirling
*Home*Accommodation*Days Out*Getting Here*Things To Do*
*Food and Drink*What's On*Shops*Walks*Events*Young People*The Future*

© in Stirling. All rights reserved.